Should I pay off student debt now or go back to school first?

chocobuckfast

New Member
I have $33,000 in student debt from an uncompleted degree at a state university. I dropped out 3 years ago. I have now decided I want to go back to school because my local community college is starting a program I’ve been wanting to pursue. Should I pay off the debt now and go back to school later? Or go to school now and pay the debt off when I could potentially make more money? I could potentially qualify for free schooling through the community college, or relatively cheap. If I go back as a full-time student, my?loan payments would be “paused,” but I’d plan on still making payments, because my work would be flexible with me going to college.
 
Go back to school, pause your student loan payments (but keep paying them. While they're paused, interest will add up and increase the amount you owe and your payment terms), ask your employer (or look for a new employer) if they offer student loan repayment or scholarships for current education. Good luck on a great restart of your journey!
 
Back
Top