How can I settle my $10K Discover debt with no income?

CulmanStuart

New Member
I’m looking for some advice about my Discover debt. My balance is just over $10,000 (it was around $8,500 before I had to stop paying), and the charge off is scheduled for the end of February. I recently had a baby and can’t return to work for a very long time. I’ve called Discover trying to do a settlement with literally all I have left set aside to try to make this right with them, but they decline and then the balance keeps climbing, so their settlement offer increases. I don’t have a house, a car, or anything to my name—what should I do? They told me today they wwill have a lawsuit against me.
 
Well if you have nothing they can take... don't worry about it. They can't put you in jail. They can call you just don't answer. They can sue after many months but again... what can they take if you have nothing. Also every state allows exemptions from creditors being able to take your last dime.
 
Discover sued me for about the same amount.

Luckily, I had done a debt settlement program. The attorney through it handled everything.

They didn’t budge. I still had to pay everything back.

You will have to go to court. Hopefully, they will work with you to get you on a plan.
 
You’ll just need to pay an attorney to go to court for you, and that’s usually a flat fee for credit card debt settlement. When this happened to me, I had about 5k, and I paid an attorney $500 and settled the debt for $2500, with NO INTEREST! There’s no stress worst case, it will show as a charge off on your credit.
 
Back
Top